AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restricting Field Visibility Based on SubType

Question asked by aheadofpaving@pseg.com on Oct 15, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 by KGerrow-esristaff

Kelly Gerrow,

I have seen the post this post Conditional Field display with Arcade in Pop Ups and I am wondering if the same concept can be applied to the editing pop-up that appears when creating a feature.

I have a public facing layer that needs to display two road statuses.  When the user creates a new road feature I would like to restrict field visibility to fields "a", "b", and "c".  Conversely, when the second type of road is created I'd like to restrict visibility to "x", "y", "z". Essentially making fields dependent on the subtype chosen during the editing process.

This effort is to improve user experience and ease of maintenance as this data will be ever-changing, and needs to be housed in a single layer.

After some initial research, I get the sinking feeling restricting field isn't possible in Arcade (as I originally had hoped) but more likely to be accomplished in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated, and again this is for the editing pop-up, as I am already aware as to the logic and methodology to achieve this same concept referenced in above reference blog post.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Outcomes