ArcGIS services empty after last Windows Server update

10-15-2018 01:15 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

It's now the third customer telling us that his AGS services are "empty", showing null extents and no layers/properties for MapServers. All have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 installed.

The only thing we noticed is that all three customers servers did a Windows update, and after that this happened.

Did anyone noticed the same behaviour? Unfortunately I cannot really tell now what OS the servers are, except one which is Windows Server 2016 Standard.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you stop and start one of the services and see if the service information re-populates? Do you see anything in the Server logs? Set the logs to DEBUG and try the test above.

Which Windows update installed? Are all services missing their information, or only services with certain data sources? It's important that you get as much information about the update and OS as possible, then contact Support Services to have them attempt to reproduce the behavior.

0 Kudos
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Jonathan Quinn

Can you stop and start one of the services and see if the service information re-populates?

Actually, the way we solved the problem for all the services was to restart the entire ArcGIS Server service.

Which Windows update installed?

I am going to contact one of the IT person of one of these three customers and hopefully I will ask about what was the Windows update and update this post.

Are all services missing their information, or only services with certain data sources?

All three customers have a new AGS install with only the sample Map Service provided by Esri and another one for test. This one is a Map Server showing data coming from either a SQL Express GDB or a FileGDB registered with the AGS. The thing I noticed in the rest page of these test map services is that all layers were missing in the list, and extent was all "None". So it seems the problem might be related to data registered with AGS rather than copied to the server directories during publication. Indeed, validating the registration (from ArcgIS Server Manager -> site -.> Data Store) was failing before restarting the ArcGIS Server instance.

I will hopefully give you more info about the Windows update this same afternoon.

RyanMurphy1
New Contributor II

I recently had this same issue.  If you can provide any more information that would be helpful!  Thanks

0 Kudos