Workforce Error: dispatchers in workforce unable to create or edit assignments - only my admin account can

10-10-2018 11:37 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created a project in Workforce under an admin account, and I've designated 4 other accounts from my organisation as dispatchers. All of the dispatchers can see the dispatcher map, layers, and previously created assignments. However, the dispatchers can't create new assignments or edit assignments -- an error comes up saying:

"There was a problem and the assignment could not be created. Please try again later."

Only the admin account can actually create the assignments at the moment. I've shared everything with the organisation - all layers, maps, etc. - and the "assignment" feature class is editable on AGOL. Haven't seen anyone else come across this error, so any advice is welcomed!

Cheers,

Karen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karen, 

Can you check that the dispatchers in the project are Level 2 users, and that they have the correct role/privileges to create/edit features? It sounds like permissions error.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,

Everyone was already L2 Publisher, but I changed them to the role "Administrator" and they can now create/edit assignments. It would be great in the future to allow the dispatchers to be a "Publisher" and create assignments. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad it worked, it should already allow for publishers to edit assignments.

Were the dispatchers able to edit other layers prior to be upgraded to admin?

Can you verify that the "Publisher" role that they are assigned contains the "Features"->"Edit" permission?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where can I find the "Features --> Edit" permission for Publishers? At the moment we are happy keeping all the dispatchers as Admin since it's internal, but we may change this in the future. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Karen, this topic probably provides the most comprehensive information on this:Configure roles—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos