Can't click on polling features in Crowdsource Polling app

Jump to solution
10-09-2018 02:06 PM
Zach_Robinson
New Contributor III

I am using the crowdsource polling configurable application in my organization's ArcGIS . I have not figured out how to enable map popups in the application. Popups are enabled in the web map that Crowdsource Polling is consuming but if a user clicks a feature in the polling application, nothing happens. The only way to access the feature is to select it from the list on the right side of the application. 

Is it possible to enable popups? 

Allison Muise I am tagging you since you always seem to have the best answers for the Crowdsource apps

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Zachary Robinson

I took a look at the map and it looks to me like your Polling layer is at the bottom of the TOC in the map. I bet the other layers are 'blocking' the clicks on the map. Try moving the polling layer up in the TOC so that the polling features aren't under other features.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AllisonMuise1

Zachary Robinson

You should be able to click features from your configured polling layer on the map to view the popup info in the panel. This should be the same experience as when you choose that feature from the list.

The app does not currently support showing popups for other layers.

-Allison

0 Kudos
Zach_Robinson
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, Allison Muise‌!

For some reason that functionality isn't working in my application. I've tried in different browsers too. Do you have the same experience? https://smgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CrowdsourcePolling/index.html?appid=fde5695c767546e3aa423e3c2d69a... 

When I click a polling feature on the map, nothing happens. But if I click it on the list, then it takes me to that feature as expected.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Zachary Robinson

I took a look at the map and it looks to me like your Polling layer is at the bottom of the TOC in the map. I bet the other layers are 'blocking' the clicks on the map. Try moving the polling layer up in the TOC so that the polling features aren't under other features.

Zach_Robinson
New Contributor III

That was it! Thanks so much! Happy it was something so simple. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice if the documentation for this app stated that the Polling layer is required to be at the top of the TOC for the pop-up configured in the webmap to work as expected in the app.  This would save people on time trouble-shooting this issue as pop-ups are very helpful.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Michael Volz‌ I'll add a note to update the doc. Just to clarify - the layer doesn't need to be at the top of the TOC, it just needs to be above any layers that contain features that cover the polling features. In this case, the polling point layer was below a polygon layer, and the (transparent) polygons were covering all the points. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, very helpful.