Solve a Routing Problem

10-08-2018 11:56 AM
MaryGieryk
New Contributor

The tutorial at http://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/plan-routes-for-food-inspectors/lessons/find-the-routes-and-stop...

that shows how to perform analysis on a map layer using Plan Routes is exactly what I need to solve my meal delivery problem.  I have ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3, but the features it shows in the tutorials, specifically like the below pic, I am unable to locate.  When I click on the layer, I don't get the options as shown and I can't find it listed under any other menu, toolbox, etc.  I do have access to network analysis.  Does anyone know here this is located now or has it been removed as a feature?  Thank you.  Mary Gieryk

plan routes

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hi Mary! Just to clarify, are you trying to plan a route in ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Online? I ask because the tutorial is for ArcGIS Online and the workflow is going to be a bit different if you are using Pro. 

Below is a link to an ArcGIS Pro tutorial for creating routes. In ArcGIS Pro, Network Analysis tools can be found at Analysis > Tools > Network Analysis:

Tutorial: Create routes—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

After reviewing the tutorial above, which method of network analysis seems best suited for addressing your meal delivery problem- ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos