Digital Shoreline Analysis System - Error

10-08-2018 08:27 PM
ShamsaKanwal
New Contributor

Hello  I am working with digital Shoreline Analysis System software developed by usgs for coastal zone analysis. When I try to generate the statistics, I get the following error message: Shoreline layer "all-coastlines" has some record (s) that do not have a valid date specified in date field "date_".  - I check: the date setting of my Date_ filed (MM/DD/YYYY), the dates are in this same format in my "all-coasltines" file too. - I tried to remove the "0" before the figure of the month (4/03/1989 instead of 04/03/1989) but no success.- The field "date_" is in text format, with 10 characters. I also tried different options with 22 length by adding times but no success. 

Has anyone come across this problem?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Without knowing anything about this digital shoreline analysis system, have you checked the table contents in field Date1? Correct the invalid entries (perhaps Null) might be the place to start.

0 Kudos
ShamsaKanwal
New Contributor

Yes. content has no issue. In fact I tried other solutions to check which record has problem for example splitting the date into halves and tried to identify the invalid records but it did not resolve the issue

0 Kudos
SheilaKelly2
New Contributor

Any solution to this issue? I just ran into the same problem.

0 Kudos
Katherine_Ames
New Contributor

In DSAS the dates must be 10 characters long. So 4/3/1989 MUST be expressed as 04/03/1989. 

JonathanGareau
New Contributor

Indeed, this format is exactly what needs to be entered, thanks! 

Be aware of : 

-> backslashes as a separator

-> actual days, not 00/00/2020 like I did which gives an error

-> like mentioned, exactly 10 characters

0 Kudos
AnisFarhana
New Contributor

"An unexpected error occurred. Please refer to the log file (C:\Users\Amine\AppData\Roaming\Corona Environmental Consulting\DSAS v4.4 add-in\DSAS_log.txt) for additional details after closing ArcMap. I am asking for a friend, how to fix this error? 

MonishiRoy
New Contributor

Did you get the solution? I'm facing the same problem

0 Kudos
ErolKnaus
New Contributor

I am having this same problem. I cannot figure out the issue. 

0 Kudos
FinnGadsby
New Contributor

Did you manage to sort the issue? I am having the sam problem. The solution provided by LaurenFCruz did not work. 

0 Kudos