AGOL Tile Layer Not Honoring Raster No Data/No Color Transparency

10-04-2018 08:25 AM
SeanO_Boyle
New Contributor III

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0 I created and published a new web layer from a raster layer which was stored in a geodatabase. The raster layer has 2 values which are either a 1 or no value. In ArcGIS Pro the no value cells are symbolised as no colour so that those cells are invisible. This displays as expected in Pro. However when I load the newly created Tile Layer into the AGOL Map Viewer the invisible (no data) cells have become white which obscures all the the underlying map layers.

Can anyone help with issue please.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Sean,

Can you get in touch with support? That doesn't look right so It would be helpful if someone could take a look at your data.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
SeanO_Boyle
New Contributor III

Hi,

Sent this to esri support but sill no resolution for the problem.

Sean

0 Kudos
HayleyHume-Merry
New Contributor III

Hi Sean,

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I am experiencing the same problem.

Cheers,

Hayley

0 Kudos
SeanO_Boyle
New Contributor III

Still no resolution.

0 Kudos
HayleyHume-Merry
New Contributor III

Hi Sean,

I managed to get mine sorted.

I had set my tiling scheme to 'use existing cached map/image service' and selected the ESRI 'NZ Dark Canvas' basemap that is available in ArcOnline (in order to control and set my projection as NZTM). As it turns out, this tiling service uses a JPEG tile format which I didn't notice until looking at my published image service.

I managed to find an existing tile scheme which had both the projection I wanted and used a PNG tile format. This sorted it for me and my no data values remained transparent once loaded in ArcOnline.

When publishing from ArcMap you have the ability to select the tile format you want but I couldn't seem to find this same setting when publishing a tile service from ArcPro. If you have access to ArcMap, you could try and publish from here instead? - even just to see if that works.

Not sure if the solution will also work for you or if your problem is different but hopefully this may help someone.

0 Kudos
SeanO_Boyle
New Contributor III

Hi Hayley,

I tried out your suggestion (using ArcMap) and it worked. Seems bizarre that ESRI have removed the ability to choose the raster format in Pro?

Sean O'Boyle

Mob: + 44 (0) 7713 887 928|SD 76009

Tel: + 44 (0) 28 9035 4813 Ext: 53123

<https://www.esri.com/en-us/about/events/uc/sag-awards>

0 Kudos
HayleyHume-Merry
New Contributor III

I know right.

Now that you have a working image service in ArcOnline, I've found that you should be able to use this as your tiling scheme template going forward in ArcPro.  

0 Kudos
SeanO_Boyle
New Contributor III

Hi,

No I still haven’t got this resolved. See attached the last correspondence I had with ESRI support.

Sean O'Boyle

Mob: + 44 (0) 7713 887 928|SD 76009

Tel: + 44 (0) 28 9035 4813 Ext: 53123

<http://events.esri.com/conference/sagList/?fa=Detail&SID=2595>

0 Kudos