near me widget showing image and link

Jump to solution
10-02-2018 04:11 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Near Me widget in WAB that is showing a strange behavior.

It was working perfectly, but today suddenly has started displaying ALL hyperlinks in the attribute table as images in the results, EVEN IF there is nothing but a single text field configured in the web map pop-up. 

In the attached example, there is ONLY a text field configured in the web map popup.  There are 8 fields populated with URLs in the attribute table and all these are being shown in the slide carousel, even though they don't show up in the standard popup.

I can't see where any configuration is causing this.

Ideas?

#WAB #Nearme

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

The NearMe widget is now coded to look for attributes that have a url that is an image and automatically added that attribute to the widgets media infos and a image media. This has nothing to do with the web maps popup configuration. It is based on if the layer has attachments and if the layer is set to show attachments in the web maps layer configuration.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

The NearMe widget is now coded to look for attributes that have a url that is an image and automatically added that attribute to the widgets media infos and a image media. This has nothing to do with the web maps popup configuration. It is based on if the layer has attachments and if the layer is set to show attachments in the web maps layer configuration.

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Thanks for clarifying that Robert.  I don't like this de-coupling of the NearMe widget pop-up from the configuration of the standard pop-up.  I wish we at least had control over the media pop-up behavior in the NearMe widget, but it helps to understand it.  

I didn't see this behavior documented in the help...Near Me widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Jay - were you able to bypass this behavior? It isn't something that shows up in their My Elected Representative example, and I dug in to find that their image URL references an AGO item as opposed to an image link.

Edit: found this comment that mentions it's a new option in AGO

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Thanks for sharing that link Dante.  I was wracking my brain to remember what I did to get around this - now not necessary!

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos