AnsweredAssumed Answered

Routing for indoor environments

Question asked by shantanu9031 on Oct 3, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2018 by shantanu9031

Hi,

I am working with a project where we need to develop a routing and nav system which allows the user to generate a route from his house to his workplace. The objective is to integrate the normal network analyst route which takes care of the main highways, streets till the entrance of the premises. This is the easy part.

The problem starts with the routing within the campus, i.e. from the main gate to the parking and then interiors of the building which includes the building, floors and room. Assuming the scenario, where the user knows address of the room but not the exact location of the room, he/she needs to navigate to that location from the current location.

As per my understating after watching the ArcGIS Indoors walkthroughs and workflows, it is possible to build a dataset which enables me to process the above-mentioned request. For this I need to have a separate network for the premises which should include the roads for the campus and the line information for the connectivity of the escalators, stairs and rooms. Unfortunately, there is not much documentations available and Esri has not yet released any documents for Indoors. The videos that are available on YouTube (ArcGIS Indoors - YouTube ) also have some gaps, so you cannot follow them to modify the workflow to fit the requirement.

I found a 5-year-old post on Geonet with a similar description. Network Analyst for wayfinding in indoor environments The suggestions provided on that post are not working out for us.

What I want to know is if there is a way where I can integrate the routing from the main highways to indoors, basically how to integrate the two separate networks.

Is there any timeline for the help or any documentation for ArcGIS Indoors?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Network Analyst ArcGIS Navigator 3D Cities / Campuses Esri Technical Support

~Shan

Outcomes