Can I set the time slider with irregular intervals?

10-02-2018 10:39 AM
BryanPalacios
New Contributor

I am making maps using the ARCGIS tools but I have encountered a problem.

I have data for years (1940, 1961, 1972, 1981, 1993, 2007, 2017). These I want to include in an ArcGIS online map with a time slider that advances for each year, but the intervals between these years are irregular and I have not been able to configure it since the time option advances at regular intervals.

Is it possible to set the time slider to show irregular intervals? Or maybe it is possible to create an artifice in the tool to achieve passage through irregular intervals. I want the slider to go through the years 1940, 1961, 1972, 1981, 1993, 2007, 2017.

The maps are initially being worked on in ArcMap, then they are shared as layers to be worked in ArcGis online using gallery templates or Web App Builder for the elaboration of applications.

Please, could you help me with this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

No, I don't believe it is possible to create irregular time slider intervals. Given that you have a small number of years for which you have data, have you considered making a series of maps that focus on the years where you have data and just animating through that year? It might be interesting to combine these maps in a storymap to give you the overall sequence. Just an idea.

Mike

HerySetiawan2
New Contributor

Just wondering if we still can't  display a time-aware feature layer with irregular time intervals in ArGIS Online?

We can do that in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos