Merge issues in ArcGIS Pro

10-02-2018 07:30 AM
MichaelGore2
New Contributor

I have imported elevation contour shapefiles, divided by 5 regions of North Carolina, into ArcGIS Pro.  I have merged several smaller blocks of this data already to create these regions, and now I want to merge the regions to provide a statewide contour file.  When I run the merge tool in ArcGIS Pro, the program will not draw certain parts of the final product.  Parts of the state are left out.  No matter how I try to configure my regions, it always leaves parts out.  Any ideas as to what is causing this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Michael,

How were these contours generated? Maybe you could try running a Repair Geometry tool on these lines to see if it helps. Sometimes when I have data that is derived from CAD or when I have data with obvious elevation values, Pro doesn't handle them well and I have to use ArcMap to merge my data together.

If the repair geometry doesn't work, run it again and choose the OGC validation method instead of Esri.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried running the merge tool on this data in ArcMap v10.x, just to see if it works there?

0 Kudos