Creating Flyby from path with ArcScene?

09-30-2018 09:04 PM
AntoineT
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create an animation with ArcScene along a given path. When I follow the Esri procedure Moving the camera or view along a path, I do not get the expected results. I end up with no data represented on my screen.

My data for this example are :

1. a simple DEM, with a base heights floating on a custom surface (the DEM surface)
  2. a line with a given offset floating on the same surface. The camera is supposed to follow that line.

From this point, I select the red line and go in the Animation menu to select the "Create Flyby from Path" option. I tried to fiddle with all the options (Path source, simplification factor, Path destination, orientation settings,...). However, it seems that the camera view that does not focus on my data. It is like if the camera is moved far away from the destination data (the screen is totally white during the animation time).

When looking at the Animation manager, it seems to me that the Target:X, Target:Y and Z make sense since they do correspond to the coordinates of my data.

Yet, when I go manually to a view that I would like to obtain, the Animation Manager gives me totally different values.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
0 Replies