Bug? Auto populate fields in a related table, I need to turn it off

10-01-2018 11:18 AM
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

I have a self-hosted feature service. I have an AGOL web application based on a web map. When users open the web app using Widows Explorer internet browser, a glitch appears.

The glitch does not appear in the Collector mobile app.

I have a Water Sample Station feature class with a related table titled Water Quality Results. When users add their first record to the related table, the web app behaves as expected. When users click the "add" button to add another record, the new record contains values from the previous record, almost as if it has been auto populated with the previous record's values.

When users edit/change the auto populated values, the changes do not always stick and the field often reverts to its previous (auto populated) value.

How do I turn this auto populate function off or at least choose which fields I wish to be auto populated? Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

OK, after reading your post more thoroughly, it appears feature templates are not a factor here as you're adding records to a related table. Have you built your own custom web application? I'd still check to see if some browser setting is caching values. 

*********** original reply ********

ArcGIS Online does have the notion of "feature templates" that provide default values for certain fields that you define. Manage feature templates—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS. However, the fact that you don't see this behavior in Collector seems to indicates it's not a default value being set from ArcGIS Online. I think the browser may be caching the entered value and auto-filling values in subsequent records. Have you tried a different browser to see if it behaves the same way?

Mike

MTorres
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the input. No, opening it in another browser didn't change anything.

0 Kudos