Imported layer won't draw in ArcGIS Online map

09-28-2018 08:10 AM
GlennGorman
New Contributor II

I imported the layer below from my computer into ArcGIS online, but it doesn't draw in my map.  I get error "The layer, Zoning, did not draw completely", the error shows an orange circle in the lower left of the map.

https://services7.arcgis.com/3BMWkdyrt45RNCrq/arcgis/rest/services/Zoning/FeatureServer 

The layer works fine on ArcGIS Desktop.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd reach out to Support Services. Tell them that when a query is made from AGO to display all of the features in this dataset, the query fails. If you request a specific object ID, it works. Can you try clipping out a subset of features and publishing that as a service on ArcGIS.com? Curious if that works. It'll help narrow your issue down.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

It seems like the problem ObjectIDs are 300, 301, 318, 319, 320, and 321. You can try to repair the geometry of the original data and then re-create the service, or just see if re-creating the service helps.

0 Kudos
GlennGorman
New Contributor II

Repairing Geometry on the shapefile fixed the issue.  I had self intersections in the data.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using ArcMap or Pro to view the data?

0 Kudos
GlennGorman
New Contributor II

ArcMap

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So you used the Repair Geometry tool in ArcMap to find the self intersecting features?  I ask because I had 2 SDE polygon feature classes that worked fine in ArcMap, but were always broken links in Pro.  The Repair Geometry tool in ArcMap did not detect any issues as only ESRI validation was available, but the Repair Geometry tool in Pro which also has the OGC validation detected over 30 self intersecting features.  Once these features were fixed, I was then able to use the SDE data in Pro.

0 Kudos
GlennGorman
New Contributor II

I did it ArcCatalog.

0 Kudos
GlennGorman
New Contributor II

Oh, and thanks.

0 Kudos