AnsweredAssumed Answered

Historical Postcard Story Map - Help!

Question asked by Abramrae on Sep 26, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2018 by ressinger-esristaff

I am a cultural geography PhD candidate that needs some serious help with how to begin my Story Map of historical postcards of a particular town.

I have about 400 postcards. Each postcard has a front and a back photo. I have them sorted into 10 decades (1900-1909, 1910-1919, etc.). It seems like this "Shortlist" option might be best, with tabs for each decade and have the photos underneath. I would like the postcard images to be displayed with a link to each image's location on the map.

I've hit a couple snags, though:

1. I am not sure how to show the front and the back of each postcard clearly. I can paste the back of the postcard image in the text below the front image. This doesn't seem to always work when I've tried it, for some reason. Any better ideas?

2. Some locations are going to have lots of images shall I just set the points on the map staggered across the landform? Sorry that I'm so clueless about how to beginhave lots of images (i.e. the amphitheater has several dozens different postcards), shall I just set the points on the map staggered across the landform?

Sorry that I'm so clueless about how to begin!  Please help this novice out!

Outcomes