Survey123 email capabilities?

09-26-2018 08:04 AM
NickBruns
New Contributor II

I am fairly new to survey123, but is here anyway to get an emailed copy once an individual completes a created survey?

My hope was that once a survey was completed, i would then be able to receive notification and a copy in a pdf of the survey results to store offline. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick, yes, this is possible.

Please take a look at the following documentation Webhooks—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Brandon

0 Kudos
NickBruns
New Contributor II

i seem to be having some trouble with selecting the right conditions.   Basically i want any survey completed, to have an email sent out.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

The following blog is another great resource that you can reference for accomplishing what you are looking to do.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/19/automating-workflows-with-survey123-and-... 

Notice, in the example, the "when a survey response is submitted" trigger is selected from the Survey123 Microsoft Flow connector.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Brandon

NickBruns
New Contributor II

it was very helpful i am not able to get emails generated.

however the body of the message is not performing how i would like.  Its just displaying choice0,choice1,choice2, etc.  

is there anyway to actually get what the question was asked and how the user truly replied?

Example.

Vehicle Tires

*Pass

*Fail

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Did you create your survey using Survey123 Connect or the Survey123 website?

If it was with the website, I am thinking that you may not have used the 'Modify Schema' options for your survey prior to publishing.  When using the Web Designer to create your surveys, make sure you use the Modify Schema option in the Publish dialog. You will be able to define the name of the columns and also the choice values persisted. Note that Modify Schema options need to be setup right before you publish the survey.

More on Modify Schema can be found here...Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
NickBruns
New Contributor II

thank you for your help on the modify schema options... although not ideal, i was able to make everything appear properly other than the data.   whne the date comes over in the email is is a random (to me) set of numbers....is there any adjusting this?>

0 Kudos