Adding Revit BIM into ArcGIS Pro

09-24-2018 11:40 PM
ElaiyaperumalPonnusamy
New Contributor

I need to import Revit BIM data into ArcGISPro. I have seen many videos and tutorials that says it is possible and what can be done after importing.  I have good knowldege in Revit but I am new to GIS. I have managed to achieve this using FME tools. But I would like to know How to add revit Data into ArcGIS without using FME tools. I have tried this

1. Created a new project in ArcGIS Pro using template Global_Scene.aptx

2. I used "Add Data" in Layer, Under Map tab in ribbon panel to select revit project file (.rvt)

I got only some 2D plans arcs and lines on the earth surface that also too big. I did not get any 3D objects.

I have adjusted the Geo location and Survey point in revit before using in ArcGIS.

I have searched entire internet but did not find detailed steps to add Revit file into ArcGIS Pro.

Kindly requesting detailed basic steps to follow. something like where to click, what to choose etc.,

Thanks in advance.

CAD & BIM Consultant

ProClass BV

Tags (2)
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you see the links above and below this link?

Add Revit data to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
DavidRasner1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm stuck at exactly the same problem. Did you by any chance figure this out?

0 Kudos
esperanzacontreras1
New Contributor

So you made it a scene right. and you went to add data (if you are just using 2D you should be ok but if you use 3D) if it's revit you can change something in your revit file. Also, try pulling it in add preset next to add data then click on the icon you need and pull in the external shell. I hope this helps

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Elaiyaperumal, 

This video from UC 2019 would help you with using Revit data in Pro. 

https://www.esri.com/videos/watch?videoid=IAyRjQnwzBA&title=cad-an-introduction-to-using-bim-data-fr...

Best regards, 

David