Old Unresolved Question - Round#2 - Failed to Load Graphics Server

09-22-2018 09:06 PM
johnmosheim1
New Contributor III

My story (no map)…..I have been using ArcGIS 10.5 for a while. Something happened at some point several months ago. The bottom line is that I get a message when I go to properties, then classify, it says the graphics server file cannot be openned by ArcGIS. See screenshots below. I spent like an hour or more with ESRI trying to solve the thing some months ago w no success, uninstalling and reinstalling the ArcMap software, etc etc. and tons of time on my own trying to find a fix. I did Windows system level registry repair a couple of days ago and that did not do it, I created a new template.mxt and that did not do it either, did almost “bit level” virus check / repair / etc. came empty handed…an old article from ESRI says the problem is caused by a problem with a file called DAO360.dll.

There was another older post that said to go into Windows and reregister the DAO360.dll which I have not done since I wanted to check with ESRI if that would help since I’m dealing with system level files I do not want to mess up my PC. I check and the DAO360.dll is where I read it is supposed to be…

Also

idealink.org/failed-to/failed-to-open-graphics-server-arcmap.php has a “free fix” for this exact ArcMap issue but I do not know if this company’s products are endorsed by ESRI.

And 

support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000007182 says the problem is caused by “Another application installed a different version of DAO360.dll” and that the solution is to do a clean uninstall/install which I did but that did not solve the problem.

I would really appreciate if the message could be relayed to the programming team and see what they think/recommend. I posted the issue more than a year ago and it never got attention.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GreeshmaVyshnav
New Contributor

Hi 

I am getting same error with arcgis 10.1

0 Kudos