Touch Screen Zoom not working!

09-21-2018 09:33 AM
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III

We have noticed that on some devices such as touch screen laptops and some tablets (not all) the two finger zooming in function does not work on the default ESRI Map Viewer Templates. Is this a known problem for some devices or a bug which needs to be resolved?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Are you able to single out which devices have this issue every time? It would be good to know what the type of device along with the device's OS, etc.

0 Kudos
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III

Windows Surface Pro 3 using Windows 10. problem occurs in Chrome and Edge

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you give an example of a default esri map viewer template you have used for pinch zooming? A link perhaps?

0 Kudos
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I too cannot do a two finger zoom on your map and I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 64-bit computer.

I did check Google Maps, ArcGIS Web map, and Custom hosted WAB application and on all of those, I could do two finger zoom.

That may narrow it down to be your application. Can you do two finger zoom on many other applications (such as google maps, arcgis web maps, etc.)? See if we can narrow down where the issue is and especially try your arcgis online web map for the map your application is using and see if that works for two finger zoom.

0 Kudos
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III

#BUG-000116195 Panning and zooming in the web maps on a touch screen device does not work in Google Chrome 68.x.

0 Kudos