Mobile Formatting of StoryMap

Jump to solution
09-23-2018 01:30 PM
ChrisB_
New Contributor

I applaud Esri for developing a manner by which Storymaps scale to be more easily viewed on mobile devices.  However, in my own case, the scaling makes the Operation Dashboards I have embedded in the Storymap illegible and inaccessible.  Is there any way to turn off the mobile scaling for a storymap, even if that means getting into the source code?

Thanks very much,

Chris B.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris -- You can force the standard desktop-style layout to show even when the story is viewed on a mobile device by adding &forceDesktop to the end of the URL. Check out this article for more information.

If you want to modify the app code to do this you can download it from Github and host it yourself. You'll need to turn off the mobile view check. For example, that check in Map Journal is around here in the core.js file.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris -- You can force the standard desktop-style layout to show even when the story is viewed on a mobile device by adding &forceDesktop to the end of the URL. Check out this article for more information.

If you want to modify the app code to do this you can download it from Github and host it yourself. You'll need to turn off the mobile view check. For example, that check in Map Journal is around here in the core.js file.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
ChrisB_
New Contributor

Owen - 

Thanks very much, that is very helpful!

Best,

Chris B.

0 Kudos