ArcGIS Online Major Bug with Line Features in September 2018 Update

09-21-2018 06:02 AM
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

This release introduced a major bug that is affecting all of our clients utility system maps. Basically the bug affects all line features in our maps. Our features are hosted features services on ArcGIS , and this same thing is happening on maps on several ArcGIS  accounts.

What is happening is when you zoom in on the map past a certain extent (on my maps it is 1:2257) all line features disappear from the map. They are still in the layer list, but don't show up on the map at all. Then, what is even weirder is if you open the attribute table when you are zoomed in and try to zoom to a line feature, you are zoomed to different location where the linework is completely messed up (check out this video: Sanitary Utility System Map.webm - Google Drive )

I have found that this issue persists in my Web App Builder maps as well as the ArcGIS  map viewer. The problem goes away if I enable editing on the feature in the map, and comes back if I disable editing. So it seems to only affect features where the feature class has editing enabled, but the individual layer has editing disabled in the map.

This need to be fixed ASAP! Our clients utility maps are now unusable because of this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Philip,

This bug (BUG-000116924) was patched last night (evening of 9/20/18).  If you are still hitting this issue try:

1) clearing browser cache/trying in incognito mode

2) update the layer.  A simple way to update the layer would be to edit the data or modify the service metadata (ex. enable and then disable export).

If these don't resolve the issue, I would strongly encourage you to open a Tech Support case so we can investigate this problem.  All of the services I'm aware of that were being impacted by this bug are now working, so we'll need to know if there are any counterexamples.

Thanks!

RELAdmin
New Contributor III

Alan,

Thanks, this has fixed our issues.

AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Side note, here's the Support page for the bug: BUG-000116924: Line hosted feature layers do not draw when zoomed i.. 

Sorry, the fix came out faster than we were able to get the bug details published.  

0 Kudos