The ability to disable or change the appearance of a highlighted selection in web map or web applicaiton

09-20-2018 12:56 PM
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

We are looking to deploy the My Trash Services Local Government Solution and in the web application that is created it uses the Near Me widget to list all the services at and around a location that is either typed in the search bar or chosen on the map.  Once it zooms to the buffer distance that is set, you can choose any of the services to get more detailed information on the site or service you have chosen.  In doing so, it highlights the feature in the bright cyan color that we all know and love from ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.  Here is an example of one of our trash collection polygons:

Highlited feature in WAB application that is very distracting

I have drawn the polygons so it only includes the parcels that we collect, and I have set the symbology so that the fill and outline of the polygon have no color so it can't be seen.  But when it is selected it is highlighted anyway.  I can set the buffer so it can only be small and just show the address selected, but that limits the drop off sites that are located nearby and only shows the curbside collection services we provide.

I noticed that this also happens in the web map as well, so is there a way I can disable the selection color or change it's appearance so it's not so bright?  I think it's very distracting, especially when zoomed out when you have your buffer set large enough to capture nearby drop-off sites.  And since this solution is intended for the public, I don't think they need to see these polygon boundaries at all.

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Unfortunately changes to WAB or a widget designed behavior like this is only possible through code changes and that requires WAB Developer edition and self hosting the customized WAB site.

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert, I was afraid that would be the case.  A previous co-worker of mine did that for the My Government Services solution that was offered a few years ago, but he's not here anymore and I'm not that confident in my coding abilities at this time.

0 Kudos