AnsweredAssumed Answered

Joining the distance associated to the routes to the source data (incidents)

Question asked by mckinkade on Sep 20, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2018 by mckinkade

I have used the New Closest Facility function to calculate the distance between incidents (health cases) and facilities.  I have the routes with the distances but I need the distances joined back in the source data that created the incidents and can't find an easy way to do it.  I thought about doing a spatial join between the source data and the incidents, since the Location name isn't in the source layer, then using an attribute join using the location name and the route to bring in the distance.  Should work but seems clumsy so I thought there may be a better way.  

My real issue is that I have a data set of cases that have the facility where they went but I need to calculate the distance between each case and their respective facility.  I can't figure out how to do that in NA which seems odd.  ArcLogistics Route used to do it.  So what I have planned to do is select all of the cases that went to Facility A and load those selected features as incidents.  Then select the facility where they all went and load that selected facility in Facilities.  That gives me the route distance for all of the cases (incidents) to that specific facility but now I need that information back in the original layer.  Then I will have to repeat this procedure for each facility.  Anyone have a better way to do it?  This also is very clumsy so there must be a better way to do it.

Thanks,

Carl

Outcomes