ArcGIS Earth 1.7 unable to view large SLPK files

09-19-2018 12:46 PM
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

I have created several slpk files in Drone2Map and I could view these in ArcGIS Earth 1.6, until the latest release of ArcGIS Earth that was based on the new quartz runtime engine. With version 1.7, I could view some slpks and others not.

So today I tested 14 slpk files of various sizes (26 MB through to 1.1 GB).

I am able to view all of these in ArcGIS Earth 1.6.1.

In ArcGIS Earth 1.7, I am unable to view slpk files larger than 450 MB and I start have trouble with files from about 170 MB. Some of them it opens and others it cant (may be related to scene layer package texture quality and size or levels of detail). 

I realise that 1.7 has been removed for downloading for other reasons, but I just want to make a plug for ensuring that the newest version is cable of loading the larger slpk files as the version 1.6 was able to. 

As a side note, ArcGIS Earth easily loads the large DSM, DTM and ortthomosaics that Drone2Map creates. DSMs and DTMs with hillshading work well, and orthomosaics too, I am just unable to visualise any variation in raster values in the DTMs and DSMs. One would need to apply a stretch function to these rasters which is currently not an option. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

Otherwise thanks for a great product. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Mervyn,

We've also noticed this issue and is working on it. The capability to support additional properties for imagery/raster layer is in the product backlog. Thank you for providing valuable feedback! Glad to know that you find ArcGIS Earth helpful. 

Best,

Mandy

0 Kudos
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Mervyn,

Thanks for your feedback.

ArcGIS Earth 1.8 is live this morning. Except with the introduction of 4 interactive analysis tools and numerous usability updates. We also have improved the support of SLPK. You can get the build from ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS and check highlights in this blog post.

Best,

Xuewen

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Xuewen

I have just installed ArcGIS Earth 1.8 and all the SLPKs are loading perfectly now .... and I really like some of the new functionality.  Awesome!

The link to the blog post appears broken 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Mervyn,

That's great. And the blog link should work now. 

Thanks,

Xuewen

0 Kudos