Network Service with GTFS Network Dataset

09-11-2018 10:03 AM
MassimoMazzanti
New Contributor III

I have successfully used your tools to add GTFS data to a Network Dataset and created a multimodal network (pedestrian path and boat lines). Now my goal is to publish a network service to ArcGIS Server (version 10.5.1) to use it in a mobile application (I use Visual Studio Xamarin with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 100.3.0). In practice I would like my app to be able to perform a route analysis on the network. Do I have to configure the server in any particular way? Can you give me any suggestions?  Thanks in advance   

Massimo

(Università Iuav di Venezia - Italy)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Massimo.  You have to do a few special things with Server in order to work with a GTFS-enabled network dataset.  Please see this section of the user's guide.

0 Kudos
MassimoMazzanti
New Contributor III
Hello Melinda,
many thanks for your replay, but I need more help.
On my pc the TransitEvaluator.dll file is in <ArcGIS desktop dir>\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\EvaluatorFiles directory.
In your guide, I read that I have to "install TransitEvaluator.dll on the machine hosting the service". How should I install the dll on the server where ArcGIS Server is installed? Should I simply copy the dll to the server and then register it?
Can you explain how to do the installation?
Many thanks
Massimo
0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

What machine will you be using to host the service?  You need to install Add GTFS to a Network Dataset on that machine and then follow the additional instructions to "register" TransitEvaluator.dll with ArcGIS Server.  ArcGIS Server is usually installed in C:\Program Files.

If the server machine doesn't have ArcMap installed, you won't be able to use the installer to install Add GTFS to a Network Dataset.  In that case, I think you can just copy the folder holding TransitEvaluator.dll to the server machine:  C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.[version]\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\EvaluatorFiles.

0 Kudos