ArcGIS Online Assistant Help

09-07-2018 07:33 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone tell me where I would find help files/docuementation for the use of AGOL Assistant?

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

There is none. You should make a request for documentation on the git hub repo site:

GitHub - Esri/ago-assistant: A swiss army knife for your ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS account... 

If you have a specific question please post it.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this an ESRI owned product or open source?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

ESRI Open source

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I agree, the AGOL Assistant is great but its not supported by ESRI for official use... if they had documentation it would benefit the community greatly.

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

What are you looking to accomplish with AGOL assistant?

0 Kudos
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

Personally I just want to know how the thing works.  A simple document that explains this would be great.  Only functionality I am interest in at this time is how to copy other user story map or app templates.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Here's the Story Maps FAQ about duplicating a Story Map: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/en/faq/#question17  

ManuKaur
Esri Contributor

AGO Assistant uses the ArcGIS REST API  to help users work with their ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS content. Since Esri Support Services does not directly support this tool, users can direct their concerns and ideas for improvement on this GitHub page. 

GitHub - Esri/ago-assistant: A swiss army knife for your ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS account... 

The following workflow can be used to move hosted content from one AGOL organizational account to another:

• On the top of the page from the "I want to...", click the down arrow
  • Select copy content
  • Select another account
  • You should then be able to drag and drop items.
  • You may not be able to drag and drop all items such as apps and story maps
  • Check contents pane of ArcGIS Online account to ensure the items have successfully uploaded

*Please note that this only works for feature layers and web maps, you cannot move storymaps and apps.*

There are additional resources on the About Page on the https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ website. 

AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Manu,

Could you please the confirm the part around 'users can direct their concerns and ideas for improvement on this GitHub page' as I have seen comments in the issues log that it's no longer supported in it's current form?

Thanks

0 Kudos