AnsweredAssumed Answered

Access a geoprocessing toolbox tool from a popup?

Question asked by Zachary.Klaas.tc on Sep 6, 2018

I have a geoprocessing toolbox tool that scrapes via python information from a webpage about a single site, for which I have a point in a points feature.

I would like to be able to click on the point, access the popup, and have a link on that popup which runs the geoprocessing tool.

Right now, I run the geoprocessing tool in the geoprocessing pane as one normally does and then I have a link on the popup to a text file which contains the results from geoprocessing.  Two clicks where I would like there to be one.

I can link the web page I'm scraping directly, but that page has extraneous information my users will not want, and my geoprocessing tool presents only the information the users are going to want for that point.  The data changes in real time, so ideally what I'd like is for people to click on the location, the popup comes up, there's a link to find out the most recent information, people click the link and it runs the tool to get that most recent information.

Is that possible?  It looks like ArcGIS Pro 2.2 only allows me to connect Arcade code to popup links.  Does it not allow Python code to be connected?

Outcomes