Calculate Value on same layer as input selection and Select by location with a subset in ArcGIS pro tasks.

09-06-2018 08:46 AM
JenniferCasey1
New Contributor III

I am working on a land use workflow.  I wan't my editors to create and modify footprints, road buffers and water features inside a parcel.  To save sometime we downloaded data off of open street mapper (OSM.)  Then we are qaqcing it and adding attributes.  I am using the parcel as a visual tracker. 

My workflow as follows

1. Select parcel of edit. 

2. Input and modify features. 

3. Attribute data

4. Mark parcel complete.

My road block seems to be that I am able to save my selected parcel "Parcel Select", but when I input the parcel table as my calculate field value I can't get the field name I want.  I have a field yes no field called edited and I want to calculate that value as "yes".  Is there a way to do this?

Secondly I want all the features in that parcel to show up in the attribute table.  I can add everything I edit or modify however since we are using existing OSM data these will not show in one of these selections and I need them to add additional information to them.  I thought about select by location however I would definition query query each time which seems cumbersome.  I also thought about moving the selection of the parcel and features step to after the input and modify step however I wouldn't want them to miss anything on 80 plus acre parcels.

Any creative think or tips would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies