keep track of created and updated features

Jump to solution
09-06-2018 02:12 AM
MohammadAl-Salman1
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I trying to understand how the "keep track of created and updated features" option is working! (in ArcGIS Online).

I have created a new feature layer and enabled the "keep track of created and updated features" option. In a webmap, I added the new feature layer and added some features and updated them (I updated both the spatial and the attribute data). However, I dont' know how to access the history of the changes? 

In the item details, under the "Data" tab, I see only the most updated data! 

Please help!

Thanks,

Mohammad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It will show you the last update for each feature. There are many use cases where a feature is created and perhaps updated a single time and one needs to know the person that created the feature or made the last update. In your case it sounds like you want to have the full blown archiving option which is not available in ArcGIS Online.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

from Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

there is a whole section on who can see what at points 7 and 8 so check what it was set to 

0 Kudos
MohammadAl-Salman1
New Contributor II

Thank you Dan. However, point 7 and 8 are talking about different thing.
what I'm trying to do is seeing the history of changes. For example, if I added a polygon named "ABC", and then after a period of time I changed that name in the attribute to "XYZ", how can I see the history of changes, i.e. how I can see both names with creation date for each one of them?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

I don't think that this is supported in ArcGIS Online. The option "keep track of created and updated features" will only reflect the last change. To implement this you should be using Archiving: Geodatabase archiving—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

MohammadAl-Salman1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, Xander!
if this is not possible in ArcGIS online, then what is the benefit of this option?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

It will show you the last update for each feature. There are many use cases where a feature is created and perhaps updated a single time and one needs to know the person that created the feature or made the last update. In your case it sounds like you want to have the full blown archiving option which is not available in ArcGIS Online.

MohammadAl-Salman1
New Contributor II

Thank you. That make sense!

0 Kudos