Error 999999 when using Sample tool in Spatial Analyst

09-04-2018 09:30 AM
Veli-PekkaToiviainen
New Contributor

I have a polygon shapefile which have several circles (some overlap) in Africa representing areas of interest. My purpose is to use this shapefile to cut several rasters to obtain covariate data to do statistical analysis.

One of the raster files has a spatial resolution of 1 arc-second per pixel (raster A). For each of those pixels, I want to obtain a corresponding value from the other raster files (rasters B-E). The other raster files have different spatial resolutions, mostly three arc-seconds.

I believe the Sample tool under Spatial Analyst can do this. I combined the raster A from several smaller rasters. When I tried to use the Sample tool to obtain individual pixel values from this Raster A using the polygon, I received several errors:

- "Error 999999: Error executing function",

- "The table already exists",

- "The field is not nullable",

- "Transformation is unavailable for the current image".

How can these be corrected? Is it a problem that I combined smaller rasters into a larger raster A covering the whole of Africa using "Image Analysis"?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

We should start with the usual

• complete file names including paths (any spaces or weird stuff)
  • origin of the files (local, sde, wherever
  • detailed options specified with the tool
  • that would include, raster cell sizes, processing extent, snap raster etc

Since it is a generic error, there is just something generally wrong with one or more of the above and to correct it, the source of the inadequacy needs to be found.

0 Kudos