AnsweredAssumed Answered

All feature layers suddenly unable to load

Question asked by Christina_Hoddinott_Berea on Sep 4, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 by KGerrow-esristaff

I came into work this morning ready to collect some more data using the Collector app. However, when I opened the appropriate map, none of the layers were able to load. I found this to be strange, so I went back to my desktop to see what was going on. In AGOL now NONE of my hosted feature layers are able to load data. See the attached picture to see the message I am getting. What in the world is going on? Everything was working perfectly last week!

I do typically download the data from AGOL on a regular basis, but I did not for one particular feature layer after collecting data on Friday (what can I say, I was ready for the weekend). So unfortunately I will have to go out a recollect all the data I collected last Friday, which is not cool.

What could possibly be going on? Am I going to have to start from scratch with all my feature layers and their corresponding maps?!

Initially, I published all maps from Arc Desktop as this was the easiest way to do so and preserve my desired symbology. Then if I need to update a layer, I append the data to the appropriate layer using the Update Feature tool in AGOL. I do sometimes update a feature layer through Desktop publishing, because for whatever reason, if I change the shape of a feature in Desktop, it does not update it using only the Update Data tool on AGOL. 

This is extremely frustrating, as you can probably imagine. I need to be able to count on the products being used to WORK. Hopefully someone can shed some light as to what is going on and that all is not lost...

Attachments

Outcomes