Find Tool Crashes

09-04-2018 09:03 AM
HaleyDockray
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS 10.4.1 for desktop on a x64-based PC.

When I use the Find (binoculars) tool in ArcMap, it seems to freeze and crash. I am able to search for an address, locate the address, and select it from the results, but when I go to right-click on the address (to zoom-to) the tool locks up and crashes.

Any ideas as to why?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If it has always done this, then you need to Repair you install or Reset your application Profile.

But I see you have posted this in ArcReader, but mention 10.4, which is old, so maybe upgrading the software will fix things as well (not ArcReader though.. that is different)

0 Kudos
HaleyDockray
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. 

I accidentally posted this in the wrong location. 

I will see if repairing the software helps at all.

0 Kudos
DanielGrim
New Contributor

I've been told that it has to do with the built in locators, and it automatically tries to use ArcGIS OnLine. If you are not logged in, it locks up your program. I don't use the Online.
I'm still looking for a solution too.

0 Kudos
BartLeCheminant1
New Contributor

You can create your own routing network and redirect ARC Map to use it. Essentially telling ARC Map not to look for the Online network. I did this and all you need in your network is one feature reference for it to use. (You will need Network Analyst)

0 Kudos
DustinBaker3
New Contributor

I've tried running the repair, new app profile, fresh .mxt, and connecting and signing in to ArcGIS Online--all NO JOY.

Hope to find a fix before an all out user revolt.

0 Kudos