AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to do geoprocessing on the ArcGIS Server/Enterprise site from ArcGIS Pro?

Question asked by thomas.steenbergen@rivm.nl on Sep 2, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2018 by dflater-esristaff

in our organization we are currently facing a transition from ArcMap towards ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcGIS Enterprise. Since ArcGIS Pro is demanding a lot more hardware than ArcMap, we are looking through all possibilities. Because Pro is demanding a lot of resources we were wondering if it is also possible to do all (or a lot) of analysis on the server site instead of locally on the desktop. That way, we need a smaller amount of resources locally. In theory we maybe want to use ArcGIS Enterprise servers for the geoprocessing of ArcGIS pro tools.

I saw some documentation on Geoprocessing services, which looks like it could do just that, but it seems like this is more focussed on custom geoprocesses. Is it possible to publish standard geoprocesses in portal, for instance a buffer, and use these processes in ArcGIS Pro? I'm not sure how user friendly this is and I'm also wondering if this makes geoprocessing potentially faster than using it on a local machine on desktop? And does this make it possible to keep the gpu and ram requirements on the minimum for ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes