High Altitude Pseudo Satellite

08-31-2018 03:07 AM
AntonioSan_José_Albacete
New Contributor II

I would like to know more about HAPS image data and its integration in ArcGIS:

- Do you know if there is some repository with HAPS sample data?

- Is there any specific solution for HAPS in Image Analyst?

Thank you and kind regards,

Antonio San José

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AntonioSan_José_Albacete
New Contributor II

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your answer. Please, let me know if you have news about this topic. Several customers are interested in HAPS imagery.

Kind regards,

Antonio San José

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I am wondering that the imagery type may not be platform specific, but the platform is simply a way of obtaining imagery.  I will keep the topic in mind.

0 Kudos
AntonioSan_José_Albacete
New Contributor II

I am researching about the capture methodolgy. It could be like satellite, aerial or drone.

0 Kudos
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

HAPS is a platform for sensors and various sensors are proposed from high definition optical, to wide area surveillance, Lidar and Radar, etc. As with all platforms there are limitations both on weight and power requirements that put limitations on the sensors that can be implemented. There are also variations on the accuracy of the direct georeferencing, but HAPS (vs aerial) does have the advantage of a stable platform. There is no single HAPS imagery product. ArcGIS can be used very effectively with data from such platforms/sensors. So long a the image format is readable and there is sufficient orientation and camera information a mosaic dataset can be created and the imagery served making it quickly accessible. Typically a python raster type would be developed to automate the ingest of the metadata. The advantage is that the imagery becomes accessible to users as soon as it is accessible by the server. The geometric and radiometric accuracy of the data can vary over time. IE if better orientation data is determined (by post processing GPS/IMU or aerial triangulation) then the accuracy of the mosaic dataset and associated image service can be updated. If you have access to HAPS collected imagery please to try it out.

AntonioSan_José_Albacete
New Contributor II

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your answer. It is really helpful for our customers. I will let you know as soon as I get some data to try.

Kind regards,

Antonio San José

0 Kudos