Can you pulldata address into geosearch?

Jump to solution
08-31-2018 01:04 PM
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

I know you can pulldata using coordinates into geopoint. Wondering if you can select_one address and copy it into the geosearch widget/geopoint and if so how (tried to look into reverse geocoding).

I want to be able to go directly to an address and then move the point to a more precise location (ie. structure/building).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aldous,

Currently, you cannot pass a street address to be geocoded into the geopoint.  I would recommend instead having the location stored either in a CSV file and use pulldata() to calculate the point or store the coordinate as the name of the choice list and use string manipulation to calculate the location (as seen in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints ).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Example would be: enter an address via text question, pulldata of address into geopoint (don't know what that syntax is, possibly: pulldata('Address','Street','AddrKey',address entered) or are we just limited to the properties list in Geopoints ? Ismael ChiviteJames Tedrick

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aldous,

Currently, you cannot pass a street address to be geocoded into the geopoint.  I would recommend instead having the location stored either in a CSV file and use pulldata() to calculate the point or store the coordinate as the name of the choice list and use string manipulation to calculate the location (as seen in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints ).

AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Thanks, yeah I wasn't sure if it was possible or not. The addresses are stored in a CSV but no coordinates (over 1,000 addresses using external_choices). I've done surveys with coordinates as recommend, appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
KatherynZulay
New Contributor

Hello,  I wanna know if  now is possible pass a street address to be geocoded into the geopoint? 

0 Kudos