Show user location in Story Map Journal?

Jump to solution
08-31-2018 02:07 PM
Maricela
New Contributor II

Hello,

Is it possible to show a user's location in a Story Map Journal while they are on a mobile device? For example, for sections of the map journal that reference web maps, it would be great for a user to be able to use their location and navigate to points or features that they see on the map.

Any help is appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi 

Story Map Journal doesn't support the Locate Me button for web maps it contains. However you could embed an app that supports the Locate Me button in the Story Map Journal, such as a Web App Builder app. So you'd create the Web App Builder app from your web map, then use the Web page option in Map Journal to add that app into your Map Journal main stage. Hope that helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi 

Story Map Journal doesn't support the Locate Me button for web maps it contains. However you could embed an app that supports the Locate Me button in the Story Map Journal, such as a Web App Builder app. So you'd create the Web App Builder app from your web map, then use the Web page option in Map Journal to add that app into your Map Journal main stage. Hope that helps.

Rupert