Removing Old ArcGIS Online Accounts

08-28-2018 09:01 AM
BillHegman
New Contributor II

I want to remove old ArcGIS online student user accounts.  Is there an automated way to do this?  Can I filter and remove accounts based on a date?  Is there way to load a list of students user names and automatically delete their accounts?  Can I highlight several accounts at once and delete them?  Can I delete an account and their content at the same time?  

Bill

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Automatically I don't think so but you could email accounts@esri.com and work with them to delete/merge multiple accounts together.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is a whole section on managing members in the online help

Manage members—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS (see Disable members)

I just searched "delete members" in the "Search ArcGIS Online Help link … currently on the Administer link

I suppose there are other sections there that will help

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Check out this Idea and the responses on that thread:

ArcGIS Online bulk member management - Delete Users 

0 Kudos
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Admin Tools is a useful third party application for administrating your Org.  It is available in the marketplace https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a 

There is a free version and a pro version.  You can manage content as well as users in bulk.  For instance I add tags to my Org's users so I can filter by project, program, etc..  This will allow you to select many users and delete in bulk.  In the user tools you can also select many users by hand and delete as well.

Cheers!

0 Kudos