Extracting single bands from Sentinel 2 image for use in Forest-based Classification and Regression

08-26-2018 02:43 PM
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

I am in the process of using the Forest-based Classification and Regression (FbCR) gp tool to identify which Sentinel 2 bands are most useful at predicting wetland communities and then using the predict to rasters functionality to identify communities in unsurveyed areas. 

The problem is that the FBCR gp tool does not seem to accept (1) mosaic datasets, (2) raster functions, or (3) raster layers from the Make Raster Layer gp tool (from my limited testing). Therefore I now need to create a seperate 12 band Sentinel 2 raster for my project area and then extract the individual bands as stand-alone rasters. 

Is there a GP tool equivalent to the Extract Bands raster function that will output a single band raster? Or an alternative tool?

My workaround at the moment is to use the Make Raster Layer gp tool to extract single bands and then Export Raster tool to create the stand alone rasters. Just seems a bit clunky and I suspect there may be an easier approach?

Hopefully the new FbCR tool can accept the other file types in the near future. It is a great tool. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies