Tabular Labels for Multi-Level Analytical Results

08-21-2018 10:51 AM
IanBruce2
New Contributor

I've had much success using the Python-based data dictionary/search cursor technique for labeling expressions in ArcMap provided in previous blog posts by Richard Fairhurst - for more information, see his post titled "Turbo Charging Data Manipulation with Python Cursors and Dictionaries".

I was hoping to get help creating some advanced tabular labels for analytical data using these methods. I'm trying to create a Python script that doesn't rely on outside modules (like Pandas).

Specifically, for a sample location, I'd like to display chemical analytes and their associated results. However, each sampling location might have results at different depths AND results for different sampling dates.  I've attached the sample data, and here's what I'm hoping the label will look like..

Formatted Label

I've come close, but I haven't cracked it yet.. I'd be grateful for any help whatsoever.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelHuber
New Contributor III

Any luck with this yet? I am looking at accomplishing something similar and have too many locations to do it manually!

0 Kudos