Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. YES! Arguing with Pro.......

08-19-2018 02:12 PM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

So Pro and I are having a little dispute:

At first, it seems that Pro 2.2.1 won't take no for an answer. Then it won't take yes. Perhaps we've reached the point in our relationship where arguments like this are the norm. How will Pro react if I go back to my ex for a while (still have Arc Maps digits in my phone...)?

Fo' real though, I can't be the first to see this? AGOL hosted feature service, offline-capable, nothing out of "spec" here. After some combination of the yes no argument, it always get's the edit fail error (despite no other process accessing the mobile geodatabase), and of course fails to sync. Happens with random points, and after random iterations of us screaming yes and no to each other. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry you're seeing this, Tom.  I tried with some of my own data, and (I know you hate hearing this) can't get it to behave the way you're showing here.  

Do you see that Yes/No lack of sticking with any dataset you work with?  Is it possible to share that data for me to work with?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Seems like some time back I was having a similar issue in 2.2.1, although not with domain controlled field: just a 1 or 0 that I would manually update.  It was a field I call 'touched' which means I'd at least paid a visit to the particular feature, but not edited.  It was a pain, but I just more or less limped through it and got the edits done....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

OK, so you said 2.2.1.  Here's what I have from 2.2.0 (because that is what I've been working on recently).

Let me try on 2.2.1 and check back in a few.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Kory- what do you use to create your video?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

ScreenToGif - Record your screen, edit and save as a Gif or video 

And interestingly, if you look at the System Requirements they should leave you plenty of room to run Pro at the same time

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tom, not seeing the behavior in Pro 2.2.1 either:

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tom, where is the offline .geodatabase being created?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

From an AGOL feature service. The steps are a little wonky to Repro, something about creating a HFS, a view from the HFS, then a new layer from the second view, then download map. I'll be honest though, I'm on a deployment right now on a completely different laptop than I normally use and can't repro, but again, I'm not putting a lot of time into it (I'm powering through an incident using only Pro......). If you look at the case we're talking about next week, the workflow to get the map offline is somewhat similar. Sorry, not at my desk, don't have my notes. 

0 Kudos