AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcPy is Broken in ArcGIS Pro

Question asked by gisspellblade on Aug 17, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 by gisspellblade

I'm on a split machine with limited rights, since I got upgraded to 2.2 my ArcPy is broken. I found the following two technical articles and am working with our IT to implement them. While I'm waiting, I wanted to know; is this issue related to that? Do I need to downgrade?

We've repaired, uninstalled and re-installed on admin-level logins. ArcGIS Pro works on the admin-level logins; does not work on the limited-rights login. ArcGIS Pro was subsequently uninstalled and re-installed on the limited-rights login using admin-level credentials. We have also tried resettting the application profile.

Problem: After upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.2, geoprocessing tools fail to load and Python window returns "Failed to Initia… 

Problem: Unable to create environments or install packages after upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.2 

ArcGIS Pro 2.1 (Geoprocessing Broken) 

This is the error message from ArcPy, and I have this one too:

User-added image

import arcpy

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\__init__.py", line 77, in <module>

from arcpy.toolbox import *

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\toolbox.py", line 716, in <module>

from .na import AddFieldToAnalysisLayer as AddFieldToAnalysisLayer_na

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\na.py", line 40, in <module>

from arcpy import _na

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\_na\__init__.py", line 18, in <module>

from ._sas import *

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\_na\_sas.py", line 59, in <module>

class ServiceArea(cna.ServiceArea):

AttributeError: module 'arcpy._na' has no attribute 'ServiceArea'

Outcomes