Batch PDF Export Issue in IE

08-09-2018 12:57 PM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Some of my coworkers are having an issue with the Batch Export option on the Survey123 Web site using IE11 (they are required to using IE because of IT restrictions). After starting the batch export, the Status in "Recent Tasks" stays on "Printing..." for 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes. It is only after they log out of the window, close IE, restart IE, and log back in before they can access the finished export. When they look at the "Recent Tasks", it shows the batch file was created in a couple of minutes or less. We are assuming it is an issue with IE, but we would like to see if anyone else has a similar issue. 

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

I have tested generating batch reports for both 16 and 30 records at a time, using IE 11, and had success (status progressed through entire process and provided result).

Can you provide more details related to the surveys that are encountering the issue? Does this behavior happen when only selecting, say 2 records?  As IE is specifically mentioned, were you able to test this in another browser and found different results?

If possible, please provide us with the XLSForm used to generate the survey and the Print Template that is being used to generate results.

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, Brandon. Yes, I have tried exporting records using multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Edge) on multiple computers connected to multiple networks. Export to PDF works as advertised on all but IE. We’ve only tested exporting a few records at a time, less than 10.

I have attached the XLS file for the survey and report template.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions,

Chris

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for providing the XLSForm and Print Template, Chris.

After testing on my end, I was able submit 9 records to a survey generated with your form, and print all of them at once from the Survey123 website using Internet Explorer 11.  Although I did encounter inconsistent results (1 job failed), I did not see the behavior mentioned in your initial description.

Having said that, I'm wondering if you would be willing to contact Technical Support so that they can get on a call with you or one of your coworkers to observe the behavior as it occurs?

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos