File Geodatabases, Domains, Subtypes

08-10-2018 08:38 AM
MattiasBoehm
New Contributor

I am trying to load some File Geodatabases and feature classes onto my Trimble Geo7x that has ArcPad 10.2 installed. The purpose is to implement domains and subtypes. The idea was that I could use drop down menus when I collect data in the field, therefore speeding up the process of data collection.

Is it possible to use file geodatabases, feature classes, and the aforementioned functionality in ArcPad 10.2? Are there any other methods I can pursue to get dropdown menus for faster data entry in ArcPad 10.2?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Mattias,

I have to think the answer to your question was "yes" but, since no one responded, I wanted to follow up and see what you eventually learned on your own. Were you able to accomplish this? Any particular web link or Youtube video you found helpful to accomplish this?

I'm about to undertake the same thing and I'm hoping to use drop downs to quickly pick tree species from a list rather than forcing myself to type names.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcPad doesnt read the file geodatabase directly, but you check out a portion of the file geodatabase using the ArcPad Data Manager in ArcGIS Desktop to take all that data (layers, related tables, domains, subtypes) into an AXF file. this file maintains the rules of your file geodatabase. After you edit the data in ArcPad you can check in the edits back to your file geodatabase. For more information see ArcPad Help .