Hello GeoNet Community,
When using any size of web-GIS, it doesn't seem like it's an option not to migrate from a standalone ArcGIS Server to ArcGIS Enterprise. But something are still unclear to me:
- Since ArcGIS Data Store does not replace enterprise geodatabases (SDE), how do we install the enterprise geodatabase separately now along with ArcGIS Enterprise? It used to come with ArcGIS Server in the past, would it be still the same under ArcGIS Enterprise?
- Is it an option not to use Portal for ArcGIS under ArcGIS Enterprise? Since it seems to be more work to maintain the portal than ArcGIS Online. We are a small agency that there is no need for others to discover our web maps and web apps for self-service mapping purpose.
- How do I know if I should do the single or multi-machine deployment?
- Can we use ArcMap to publish services to portal after ArcGIS Enterprise installation? Or we must use ArcGIS Pro?
- It's kind of confusing to manage both Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online since they both are somewhat similar. How do we decide what items should go to portal, and what items should go to ArcGIS Online?
Thank you very much!