Creating a monthly/yearly report template for watershed patrols

08-09-2018 06:00 AM
ToddHill
New Contributor II

We have been building a Watershed Report survey with Survey123 for ArcGIS to be used during our watershed patrols. The form has been built with the help from a few folks at ESRI. I have made some minor changes to the form and have also created a report template that works for the most part for each time the user does his patrol. Our issue is that we also need to produce a monthly report as well as a yearly report template of the activities which include the number of people, number of machines(other) etc. The watershed patrol report has the option for repeats for example: Lets say I'm in section 1 and during my patrol I witness 5 activities like ATV's, MT Biking, Fishing, Drinking and Camping. We also need to note the number of people we saw with that particular activity. So 5 ATVers w/5 people, 3 MT Bikers w/3 people, 1 person fishing, 5 people drinking and 2 people camping. The monthly/yearly report template needs to reflect this information.

Its possible to see more activities during a patrol or sometimes depending on the time of year we may not see anyone. I have attached a PDF version of a Patrol Report summary that goes from January 1 2004 to June 6 2018 this is what we are trying to recreate from the survey but unfortunately we are having a difficult time trying to create the report template. 

Thanks in advance for any help, tips or direction....

Todd Hill   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Todd,

Currently, Survey123 doesn't have the tools to produce a unified table through the Survey123 website.  The Analyze page does support date filtering, which could support creating chart/lists that represent parts of the tables.  However, you can create the table/statistics you want from the survey data using other tools; I would suspect that Summary Statistics—Help | ArcGIS Desktop could be used to create the table shown in your example.

0 Kudos