Zooming in to 1:1 issues

08-08-2018 08:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working with a floor plan and when I start zooming in to 1:1 the line features don't display correctly. 

I've attached 3 screen shots of what is happening. when I am out at 1:25 everything is normal. Once I start to get closer at 1:4 things start to get a little wonky then at 1:1 they get even more weird. when I select the features the selection is correct.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

What is the actual physical dimensions (not the scale)?

Is the line actually a segmented sequence of lines? or is it how it is being shown?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That object is a door from a building blue print, it's 1.03m long

the line is a single segment

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

looks like a display issue, but I suspect that you will have to provide more info as to what file type it is (ie geodatabase featureclass, a cad layer etc etc).

not many people are working at that scale, so I will flag Kory Kramer‌ to see if he knows who to pass this on to

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I have seen display issues when you are in past 1:10. There is nothing necessarily wrong/incorrect with the data, you are just zoomed in past what is usable and what the tolerances are set to. When this happens, it causes the displayed data to show weirdness, as you are seeing.

I do not think that this is a defect but more of a display issues when zoomed into such a large scale like 1:1.

Is there a reason that you are zoomed in that close?

--- George T.
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was trying to fix some topological errors

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Is the data projected?  If so, what is the projection?

And yes, what is the data format?  Can you share the data, or even just this little section where you're seeing the issue?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The data is stored in a file geodatabase as a feature class which is in NAD 83 and the map is in web Mercator.

unfortunate I am unable to share this data due to privacy concerns. 

I did notice that when I put the map into the same coordinate system as the feature classes the display error goes away. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

NAD83?  What was the specific projection?  So when the data isn't being projected on the fly, there is no issue at 1:1, correct?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

NAD 83 CSRS UTM zone 17N

Yes when not projecting on the fly there is no issue.

0 Kudos