Locator subaddress not returning all candidates - 10.6 or 10.6.1

08-07-2018 01:12 PM
Labels (1)
AledaFreeman
New Contributor II

Created locator in 10.6.1 of "US Address - Single House Subaddress" address locator style.  The UNIT field is automatically chosen and has data.  I have 38 records for "1 Ashburton Place Boston 02108" - most with UNIT values and one with no values in UNIT. If I use the binoculars button for an address with unit 106 - "1 Ashburton Pl 105 02108" I'll get that candidate returned (only that one).  If I ask for "1 Ashburton Pl 02108" I get 2 candidates returned, instead of the 38 that I expect.  I expect to have all the candidates as options, with different scores.  Fiddling with all the locator options such as min score and spelling sensitivity does not help.  In 10.4 this worked, but the locator had different fields to choose.    Anyone else seeing problems with "US Address - Single House Subaddress"  in 10.6 or 10.6.1 (we see it in both).  Thanks.

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed.  Ghost results and units seem to be the top two issues.  Every city has a need for this, addresses with units. 123 Suite A Main Street or Unit #2 Main Street, etc.  But Locators ... don't.  I tried most styles. It should be simple.  We have units in their own field, UNIT.  And everything split out ie prefix, suffix, etc. Secondly is the ghost addresses it suggests that literally don't exist so users click them and it returns "No results found". Which should never happen. So for now I have had to disable Suggest. Which by now, users just expect. I'll be trying this with 10.7 once Pro 2.4 ships because it will support publishing to Server. And hope Suggest works with units. This is the most important part of my web viewers because it is the first thing users do. They search an address. If that doesn't work... most don't move on to step 2. They either give up or use Google or something. 

0 Kudos