Projections

08-07-2018 09:08 AM
PaulFyfield
New Contributor II

I've been playing around with this extension and have a question about projections. We typically map using an Albers projection with parameters customized for the region we map (Oregon and Washington), and with the central meridian modified for each map extent. I don't see the ability to do that here- am I missing something? Alternatively, is it possible to edit the list of projections? Where are the projection files stored? I'd like to clear out the thousand or so we won't use and add in some with the parameters we use.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,

On the ability to edit the properties of a projection - that is coming in the next release. So you will be able to modify the central meridian property.  

At this point the list of projections in the dropdown is not configurable or editable. It hadn't come up yet. But thanks for your feedback, we ll make a note for something we do in the future.

Madhura 

0 Kudos
PaulFyfield
New Contributor II

Thanks Madhura,

A similar approach to that currently used in ArcMap would be helpful, with the ability to save certain projections to a "favorites" list. Also, the ability to import a projection from an existing dataset would be very useful.

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Thanks Paul Fyfield‌. We can consider this as we plan further enhancements to Projections. 

cc: Clint Loveman

0 Kudos