How do I create sub group layers for a Utility map on AGOL?

Jump to solution
08-06-2018 07:16 AM
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

I have created a city utilities map and uploaded it to 'my content' on AGOL.  With the amount of information involved, even with scale visibility parameters associated with certain layers, the map has a tendency to lag when refreshing.  I would like to create group layers for my map (water-associated info, sanitary sewer, storm, rural water, etc) and be able to click the entire group layer on/off if I want.  This would greatly help the load speed of the map and increase usability for those seeking the map.  What is the easiest way to accomplish this?  (Note: I have built a WAB Dev app that enables a toggle on/off switch but our dept. doesn't have an outward facing server, so I can't upload the app yet, so I'm looking for a solution using AGOL-based tools, and I am using ArcMap 10.5.1).  Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you). 

-Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In order to group layers we must migrate the Map Viewer to the 4.x JSAPI. This is a large and complex project that is expected to be completed in 2019.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

I think you're asking about is something that many people have asked for. Here's a link for the ArcGIS Idea's page where Arc says in the their product plan so who knows when we will actually get it.

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In order to group layers we must migrate the Map Viewer to the 4.x JSAPI. This is a large and complex project that is expected to be completed in 2019.