What can cause "Unable to create object class extension COM component"

08-02-2018 04:09 PM
AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

In ArcCatalog 10.6, I'm trying to export the schema of a feature class and its feature-linked annotation class to xml. However the export fails with the error message "Unable to create object class extension COM component".

I created the feature classes in ArcPro 2.2 and I tried doing the XML export in ArcPro 2.2 first, but it doesn't allow me to choose discrete feature classes. I noticed the relationship class (which was created automatically when I created the feature-linked annotation class) doesn't show up in the export GUI. I'm not sure if that's significant. 

Incidentally, I need the xml files for an FME translation.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I'm wondering if it's related to Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) - about which I know very little.

Shows XML Export error message when trying to export workspace doc for two feature classes

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CraigPatterson
New Contributor III

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I trying to export or copy a feature linked annotation layer from SDE to a File GDB and it's crashing on me. This same annotation layer gave me issues when converting some data using Data Interoperability. It seems very similar

0 Kudos